I Stand For...
- I believe that people always come first—not politics. As a councillor I will always put the interests of the residents of Ward 8 first.
- I believe in commitment. It will be a priority for me to attend Council and Committee meetings and to represent you to the best of my ability.
- I believe in fiscal responsibility. The property tax the County collects from you is your money. That money must be spent according to your priorities. At the end of the day I want you to be satisfied you feel you are getting full value for the property taxes you pay.
- I love the trails and natural spaces we have throughout Sherwood Park. I believe we must maintain that character in existing and new communities.
- Transportation is a big issue in Ward 8. County Council must address the issues of speeding and related street safety issues. We must ensure we provide a safe roadway environment for automobiles, transit and most importantly for our children.
- I know that I do not have all the answers, that’s why I am a strong supporter of community involvement. I propose creation of a citizens’ advisory group to propose real answers to our traffic safety issues. I will listen and act.
- I believe a councillor must have integrity, energy and passion to represent their neighbours. I pledge to use those three attributes on your behalf.